Epic Plains Writers Guidelines
Do you accept guest posts? Yes I do! However, they must follow the guidelines on this page.
- Content must be original. Posts that have been previously published elsewhere will not be considered. Content will become property of EpicPlains.com.
- Content will not be published elsewhere. You agree to not re-publish or submit elsewhere. If you wish to re-publish elsewhere, you must obtain permission in writing.
- Reasonable amount of links. I reserve the right to remove excessive back links. However, you are allowed to link to your own content. Just keep it fitting and within reason.
- Content must fit the site. Please review previous posts on the site. This is a literary site dealing with writing, book reviews, publishing, and occasionally blogging. If a submission falls outside of those topics, it will most likely be declined.
- No length requirement. I do not have a minimum or maximum post length. However, I try to keep posts at least 300 words in length. Extremely long posts may be broken up.
- I reserve full editorial control.
- Guest posts are not monetarily compensated. Guest posting is ideally a win-win-win situation. The site gets a fresh voice and perspective. The writer gets exposure and links back to their site. The readers get a chance to hear that new voice and possibly discover a new site of interest.
What is the difference between a guest writer and a contributing writer? That is a fairly simple question to answer. Guest writers tend to be one-offs who will contribute posts infrequently or just once. Contributing writers will re-occur, have their name in the WordPress credit line, bio information from their profile at the bottom of a post, and can submit posts directly through the site.
How to I become a contributing writer? Again, this is fairly easy. All it boils down to is expressing an interest in doing a guest post more than once and then submitting your first guest post. If I feel it adds to the site we will discuss the availability and next steps. To date the contributing writers have also been offline friends, so I haven’t had to have a firm policy on this.
How do I submit my guest post? Using the Contact form on this site, send me a note expressing interest in doing a guest post. If possible, include the topic or general idea. I will email you back typically within 48hrs.
When will I see my post on EpicPlains.com? This is highly dependent on what the post schedule looks like at the time of submission, if there are any other guest posts pending, etc. Right now I am generally running book reviews on Tuesdays and Thursdays then articles on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Typically though I schedule guest posts within one week of submission. (Unless either I or the writer have requested otherwise.) You will be notified of the tentative publication date when your post is accepted.
If you have any other questions please use the contact form on this site.